Giorgina Cerutti, English<>Spanish certified translator and interpreter and Spanish<>English<>French freelance translator and subtitler. She specialises in audiovisual translation - the field she presently works in.
2009–2012 – Degree in Translation at the University of the Republic (Universidad de la República), Montevideo, which makes me a Certified Sworn Translator.
2013-2015 – Master in Translation – Concentration in Translation Technologies at the University of Geneva.
2013 – Course on consecutive interpreting of 50 hours.
2012 – Course on simultaneous and consecutive interpreting of 100 hours on different fields such as: business, politics, economy, education, legal and ecology.
ENGLISH. Eighteen years of learning (1994–2012), four of which specifically focused on translation at the Anglo Institute, at the London Institute, the University of the Republic and the University of Geneva.
FRENCH. Twelve years of learning (2000–2012).
PORTUGUESE. Five years of learning (2002–2007).
ITALIAN. Five years of learning (2006–2008; 2010–2012).
I am skilled in Windows and in Microsoft Office. In addition, I have a broad knowledge on the use of computer-assisted translation tools, such as TRADOS, Across and Multitrans. Furthermore, I have experience in automatic translation tools.
· Course in Italian Culture at the School of Humanities.
· “Translation two” course at the Anglo Institute at a CPE level in 2009.
· Translation course at the London Institute in 2009.
· Technical Translation Seminar organized by the Uruguayan Certified Translators Association.
· First ProZ.com Seminar in Uruguay: Conference on translation as a profession.
· First Conferences on Translation for the Audiovisual Market in Uruguay: Subtitling and Style.
· First Congress on Translation and Interpretation in Uruguay.
· Proz.com Updating Congress for Latin American Translator.
· Trinity Level
6 in 2001.
· CELS in 2003. 4 skills: Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking.
· FCE (First Certificate in English) in 2004. Passing grade: A
· CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) in 2005. Passing grade: A
· IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) from 2005 to 2007. Subjects: English as a second language, First Language Spanish, Mathematics, Physics, History and Portuguese. Level: Extended.
· CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) in 2007. Passing grade: C
· DELF (Diplôme d'Études en Langue Française – Diploma in French Studies):
A1 in 2004. Passing grade: 12.86/20
A2 in 2005. Passing grade: 77,50/100
B1 in 2006. Passing grade: 78,00/100
B2 in 2007. Passing grade: 78,00/100
· DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française – Diploma of Advanced French Language Studies): C1 in 2009. Passing grade: 65,50/100
· CELI DUE (Certificato di Conoscenza della Lingua Italiana – Certificate of Knowledge of Italian Language, B2 level) in 2011. Passing grade: B
As a Translator:
· 2012-2013 – I started working as Certified Legal Translator.
· 2011–2013 – I started working as an audiovisual translator for several translation agencies, such as Widd Media and Haymillian Co. Ltd.
· 2010 – I translated a website from Spanish into English for the Goethe Institut.
· 2010 – I subtitled documentary from English into Spanish for the School of Humanities.
As an Interpreter:
· 8/9/2013 to 8/13/2013 – I worked as a consecutive interpreter during the visit of expert Eilon M. Adar, and for his lecture entitled “Sustainable Water Development in the Middle East”.
· 8/5/2013 to 8/9/2013 – I worked as a consecutive interpreter during the visit of expert Ronel E. Harmatz to Uruguay, as well as for his lecture entitled “Preventing Violence through Sports”.
· 7/22/2013 and 7/25/2013 – I worked as a simultaneous interpreter for Doc Montevideo 2013.
· 25/4/2013 – I worked as a consecutive interpreter during the lecture entitled “Enduring Radiant Health” given by Dr Gabriel Cousens.
· 11/4/2013 to 12/4/2013 – I worked as a simultaneous interpreter during CIBELAE/WLA Seminar “Maketing and Communication: Opening the Doors for Lottery Organizations”.
· 8/2/2012 – I worked as a simultaneous interpreter during “Discover Montevideo Friendly”, second International Conference on LGBT Tourism.
· 7/22/2012 to 7/26/2012 – I worked as a simultaneous interpreter for Doc Montevideo 2012.
· 7/12/2012 – I worked as a consecutive interpreter during a conference given by Temple Grandin, PhD, entitled “Temple Grandin: a Life Experience”.
· 9/11/2011 to 10/11/2011 – I worked as a simultaneous interpreter during the XXI MERCOSUR – European Union Bi–regional Negotiations Committee.
· 9/30/2011 to 10/1/2011 – I worked as a liaison in a Tech Camp that took place in Montevideo.